Part 1 : Movies Niche : Pros and Cons
1/ Pros :
- Easy to get viral
- Low capital required
- Hard work pays off
2/ Cons :
- There’re lots of work to do
- It’s illegal in most countries, so you need to stay anonymous.
- High volume competitors
- Time consuming
Part 2 : What you need to build a site
1/ Domain : In this niche, the most used and hard-to-be-taken-down extension is .to and .is . You can buy these domains on tonic.to or isnic.is. Tonic accepts paypal while on isnic you will need a credit card to place an order.
2/ Hosting/Server : You will need an offshore hosting, I would prefer server, or at least a VPS for better performance. After reading some threads about illegal sites here, I went with Knownsrv service.
3/ The script : You can use WordPress and Dooplay theme (there is a thread about this, please use the Search feature to find it), or build your own script, choose the one which is easier for you to manage.
Part 3 : Getting the streaming/movies links.
This task will take most of your time. There’re currently 2 type of streaming links that all sites are using :
1/GG Link : Site owners upload video files into google drive/photo, then use these links on their sites.
- Pros : 99.99% uptime, low-to-no buffering, no ads
- Cons : need gg account, time to do the download/upload, files getting deleted.
2/Links from video hosting services : Video files are hosted on 3rd party video hosting services, such as vidoza, onlystream, upstream….
- Pros : earn extra money by getting visitors playing the video hosted on these sites. Average rate is about $40 per 10000 tier 1 visitors. You can do remote upload from other sites/servers , some sites can help you to deal with DMCA, or you can create clone of the files instead of re-uploading.
- Cons : way too many pop-up, which will make your users feel uncomfortable, therefor it will decrease your returning visitors rate. For new site, I do not recommend this type of streaming links.
When I first started in this niche, I am with 2nd option, but now moving to the 1st as it will help me to grow and monetize the site better (no one likes a site with 5-6 pop up before watching a video right?)
Part 4 : Getting the traffic
- Social network :
- Reddit is the gold mine. You need an account with good Karma to post your link on relevant sub-reddit, and a few more accounts to upvote your link to get it to the TOP/HOT page.
- Don’t forget to build a Twitter/FB page, it will help you to connect with your users, give them new update, or taking their feedbacks to make the site better. I always have a pop up on my site asking users to follow me on twitter or share my site on their FB, so it will reach more people day by day.
- SEO : The DMCA is so aggressive these days, SEO is not my choice. I only did on-page SEO, no off-page was done on any of my sites.
- Paid traffic : No
- Luckiness : Yes You read it right. One of my site got featured on a big youtube channel, and the traffic went from 500 visits a day to 10000 visits a day, and many keywords are in first page now – from ONLY ONE youtube video with link in description.
Part 5 : Monetizing
Once you have some decent traffic, you can begin monetizing it with Pop, CPA, and Native ads. I’m not good at this, and still learning to maximize my profit.
CONCLUSION : Movies niche is still profitable if you know what you’re doing. And remember : hard work ALWAYS pays off.
PS : I am working on the script to add some features, ETA will be at the end of Jan. I will then share it FREE to some people to help them to get into this niche.继续阅读